POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6 : Re: Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6 Server Time
17 May 2024 21:35:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stock colors and assumed_gamma 1 in POV-Ray 3.6
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Oct 2020 03:27:19
Message: <5f9a6ed7$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3C57894ece%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

> I admire your memory. Especially not just remembering it - but also
> *where*.
>
> But no I don't think I did read this thread, otherwise I would have been
> tempted to remark that my silly demo scene "cyndi cubes" demonstrates
> the usage of the macros from my file CIE_tools (both part of the
> Lightsys package) and these would be much more powerful (e.g. would also
> be able to compensate for whitepoint errors) than Clipka's suggestions.
>
> Which reminds me, these files were written back in 2003, long before
> Christoph even joint the POV-Ray community and meanwhile he already left
> - people come and go and doesn't time fly by?

My memory was from something Christoph said and which I noted down as
the words of the oracle. So I just had to look for the oracle and there
it was, with reference et al. ;-)

This whole rgb/srgb business has been a difficult one for me and I just
try to follow the advices of my learned friends. Breaking the rules more
often than not I am afraid.

I am sad about all those people who have left and who had something
tangible to contribute, if only for their amazing scenes. But that is
life I guess...

--
Thomas