POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Steam Fog: First WIP : Re: Steam Fog: First WIP Server Time
16 May 2024 17:54:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steam Fog: First WIP
From: MichaelJF
Date: 22 Oct 2020 13:27:11
Message: <5f91c0ef$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.10.2020 um 18:27 schrieb Ive:
> Am 10/20/2020 um 19:05 schrieb MichaelJF:
>>
>> Render took 12 days, 17 hours and 25 minutes at an Intel Core i9@3.6
>> Ghz using all 16 Threats.
>>
> Wow, this means about 35 kilogramms of carbon dioxide (roughly estimatet
> for Germany with 500 gramm CO2 per KWh) for the final render. Just in
> time before the rising water level will swallowed this land.
>
> -Ive

Thanks for your comment, next time I will put my electricity meter
between the wall and the machine. But if you assume 500 gramm CO2 per
KWh it must have been some 84 kilogramms, since the machine consumes
0,55 KW per hour at full throttle. And yes "green electricity" is "green
washing" in most cases. Every day I'm in my real office, I look at the
stone coal power station close to Frankfurt Central station and wonder
if there is really no connection to the station, since our fast running
trains (ICE) operating with 100 % green electricity only.

Best regards
Michael