POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. : Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns. Server Time
15 May 2024 17:31:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playpen idea for povr -1 to 1 seed patterns.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 22 Oct 2020 09:14:13
Message: <5f9185a5$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/20/20 8:22 AM, Kenneth wrote:
> I didn't think to look there --and you are correct, it is falling back to AA
> method 2, and WITH jitter(!). Thanks for the tip. It seems odd that I don't
> *see*  any animation jitter...although I'm not complaining!

Excepting it "might" mean single frame renders don't have access to the
best AA quality. This a reason for render to render AA 'random' jitter.

Aside: I've long been carrying a feeling, a notion, an idea the am1/am2
AA in v3.7/v3.8 is a little less good. Hard to really determine because
of all the assumed gamma change plus now +ag2.5 mixed into the AA
itself. Maybe jitter handling changed v3.6->v3.7 ?

Bill P.