POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm Server Time
16 May 2024 05:42:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm
From: MichaelJF
Date: 2 Oct 2020 12:10:48
Message: <5f775108$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.09.2020 um 12:19 schrieb jr:
> hi,

>> ... thinking about a background landscape. ...
>
> fully agree with PG regarding landscape and colours.  not too far off views seen
> in the Eifel.  lovely.
>

> regards, jr.

What part of the Eifel do you have in your mind? I admit that I never
visited the western parts (high fens) but only the High Eifel, the
Volcanic Eifel, Mayen and the Maria Laach Abbey and very often the
valley of the Ahr where my wife is born at the village Rech. But in all
the now 40 years I visit the Eifel I never noticed this kind of
landscape there.

@Thomas: A very interessting approach in using billboards trees. May be
there are some litte technical difficulties (the missing shadows of the
stems), which can be solved. But the generell idea is great.

For my actuall scene I played with the trial version of Xfrog and
generated different plant models where you dont need a Billboard fake. I
tried to get a licence (the actual sale-offer of 99 US-Bucks is really a
bargain for this elobarated software) but have not received a license
code so far after more than a week of payment. So may be I have to
cancel this order and be content with my models of Pinus pinaster, typha
latifolia, a rottenn version of their tutorial to Solidago canadensis
and the common broom I modelled during the trial periode.

Best regards
Michael