POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:08:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Oct 2020 02:36:37
Message: <5f76ca75$1@news.povray.org>
Op 01/10/2020 om 22:10 schreef Kenneth:
> "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>>> Believe it or not, at this moment I have a collection
>>> of tricks and such from 241 individual users! Many with more than one
>>> trick. :-)
>>
>> That would be a very interesting read, if presented in a single document... ;)
>
> I 2nd that; Thomas may have the best collection of tips and tricks that exists,
> judging from his always-nice renders and comments!
>
> I used to have such a collection-- far less in number than Thomas's-- but it was
> on an older hard drive that failed, and I haven't yet found my back-up copy (if
> indeed I made one.) :-(  I have a tendency to write detailed notes and tips IN
> my scenes, so at least I have those to refer to...but they are usually
> scene-specific, not general.

Naaahh.... putting me under duress, are you? ;-)

As a matter of facts, I have been playing for a long time with the idea
of "publishing" all that stuff some way or another. I am aware that when
I shall come to disappear, all that stuff will be "lost". I need to do
something about it, if only because I feel an obligation to the
community who provided me with it. Additionally, I may discover use for
the many items I never included in my scenes. A majority most probably.

You have got my attention gentlemen.

--
Thomas