POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Documenting special turbulence handling tangle. : Re: Documenting special turbulence handling tangle. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documenting special turbulence handling tangle.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 25 Sep 2020 08:56:56
Message: <5f6de918$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/24/20 5:39 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>
> It makes me wonder about turbulence use in the fog(...) keyword, whether or not
> that is also being incorrectly modified or 'applied twice', in the way you have
> described. But that is of no great importance right now; you can save that
> detective work for another day. ;-)
>
> Keep up the good work!

It isn't.

I substantially reworked / fixed fog for povr. Got into it because it
used the fixed Turbulence() function. Uncovered quite a bit more not
right once looking at it. There were several reasons the turbulence with
fog has never worked that well. The turbulence not getting copied when a
defined fog was copied is one I remember.

See the thread:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5ed7f187%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

Bill P.