POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray vs uberpov am3 : Re: povray vs uberpov am3 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:44:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray vs uberpov am3
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 18 Sep 2020 07:22:17
Message: <5f649869$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/18/20 6:36 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:

> I don't think we have a fat rabbit to chase here.
>
> Of course run time improvements with am3 would be welcome. I have on my
> list to do some profiling with parametrics. Might take a side look at
> am3 too while I've got those compiles about. I've got the color shift
> issue to replicate and run down someday too. Hmm, wonder if I can
> trigger it with your simpler test cast Ton.

We can indeed! All one needs do is change:

background { color srgb <0, 0, 0> }

to:

#declare Acajou = srgb <0.29804,0.18431,0.15294>;
background { color Acajou }

and the cpu time jumps.

16.918 -> 3443.029 ---> 20251.28%

Plus the results are to my eye not as good.

Does uberpov has the same behavior:

16.172 -> 3512.926 ---> 21622.27%

A fat rabbit.

Bill P.