POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SARS-COV2 : Re: SARS-COV2 Server Time
30 Apr 2024 01:32:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SARS-COV2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Sep 2020 02:46:14
Message: <5f509136$1@news.povray.org>
Op 02/09/2020 om 19:52 schreef Kenneth:
> MichaelJF <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>> A very deadly fellow, one should not trivialise it. I like the first
>> image most. It looks most dangerous. I survived this beast with greatest
>> luck (and an emergency surgery).
>
> Glad to hear that you survived this scourge. So far, I've been lucky here in
> Virginia in the U.S.-- by always wearing a mask around other people, and
> 'locking down' for months (at my age, it's just too dangerous to ignore the
> warnings... or to listen to any of the politicized misinformation swirling
> around.) Common sense will prevail, hopefully!
>
> My general outlook is to see the humor in crazy situations-- so here's my
> contribution :-) (but certainly not meant to trivialize it). No POV-Ray, just
> some fun with Photoshop, combined with my astounding artistic skills(???). With
> apologies to Toho Studios...
>
> The Final Showdown!

LOL!

I fully agree with you. Also, Michael, I am glad you survived this. I
hope you do not suffer from too many after-effects; those do not seem
trivial either. In NL we have been "relatively" lucky so far. The first
wave mainly hit the southern half of the country (I live in the northern
half) but the second wave seems to be more evenly spread with hot spots
in the major towns. As long as (most) people follow as well as possible
the official directives, it should be "manageable", but...

I have not yet felt the creative drive to come up with my own covid19
POV-Ray scene ;-)

--
Thomas