POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Wild : Re: Into the Wild - the Final Server Time
12 May 2024 23:34:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Wild - the Final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Sep 2020 02:30:26
Message: <5f508d82$1@news.povray.org>
Op 02/09/2020 om 20:08 schreef Kenneth:
>> And so we reach the final scene.
>>
>> The two isosurfaces (see p.t.scene-files) are superposed.
>>

> That looks really good. I certainly like the 'fuzzy vegetation' effect; well
> done! And thanks for posting the code.

Thanks indeed, Paolo and Kenneth.

The fuzzy vegetation code was a chance hit :-) and it is as fast (or as
slow) to render as the rocky part. Overall, while I like isosurfaces to
build landscapes, I am reluctant to use them because of their slow
render speed, although I do not complain for this particular one. But if
you want to complete the landscapes with vegetation, dwellings, roads
and such, the testing time becomes prohibitive indeed.

--
Thomas