POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Wild : Re: Into the Wild Server Time
27 Apr 2024 15:03:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Wild
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 15 Aug 2020 05:42:57
Message: <5f37ae21$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/15/20 3:27 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Op 15/08/2020 om 09:09 schreef Thomas de Groot:
>>>>

>>> Did a test: not better, maybe even worse!
>>>

>> Question: /where/ is the radiosity data file saved??? I am unable to
>> find it anywhere...
>>
>> I assumed it was into the same folder as the scene.
>>

> Well... Not sure what happens but somehow /reading/ (+RFI) makes the
> render to fail when restarting. I do not completely understand the use
> of RF from the explanation in the wiki.
>
> I tested this time in version 3.7.1 with identical results as 3.8.

Thanks for digging. Remembering now something like radiosity's save and
load got moved to flag/ini control (v3.7 to v3.8 ?) while the photon
load and save did not.

Aside: I got no errors (or saved radiosity file) using save_file,
load_file in the radiosity block which, in the moment, allowed me to
think the changes and state were the other way around.

Aside 2: There is the +hr and vain pretrace radiosity stuff too. For
exact image compares when running radiosity I've always had to drop back
to one thread.

I'm not a big radiosity user, but I'll play a little with the flags
while my coffee brews and post if I figure more out.

Bill P.