POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Wild : Re: Into the Wild Server Time
27 Apr 2024 23:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Wild
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Aug 2020 02:20:02
Message: <5f377e92@news.povray.org>
Op 14/08/2020 om 13:34 schreef William F Pokorny:
> Is it easy to post one or both of the simpler isosurface fuzzy
> vegetation scenes too. I was thinking I would start there over the
> complete scene.

Late but sorry, I should have been more explicit. Both isosurfaces
Isoveg and Isorock are there at the bottom of the scene; just
comment/uncomment the one you need.

> Trying your scene currently in v3.8 master and the first thing I notice
> is the radiosity blocks on continuation appear to be generated just
> short, below the position where the render re-starts. Do you see
> something similar?

Yes, but I assume that depends on the pretrace_end size. Change that to,
e.g. 0.004, and the gap is much smaller, controlled by that size value.

> Aside: Suppose I would have expected those looking to continue renders
> to save radiosity results (photon results) to a file? Maybe I'm not
> running the right flags with your scene. I didn't look at it that
> closely as yet...

Well, I never save radiosity data (in contrast to photon data of course)
so I would not know.

--
Thomas