POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Wild : Re: Into the Wild Server Time
28 Apr 2024 09:50:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Wild
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Aug 2020 07:34:41
Message: <5f3676d1$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/14/20 2:20 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Op 13/08/2020 om 13:47 schreef William F Pokorny:
>>>
>>> The green image with a complex slope texture.
>>> The grey image with a simple pigment. I restarted three times there
>>> too; can you see them? ;-)
>>>
>> I do indeed. Aside from the continuity on continuations issue those
>> results look pretty good for quick vegetation, frosted vegetation. :-)
>
> My original image seems to be definitely due to an uncontrolled change
> to the code by me. I was misled by this present issue apparently.
>
> Yes, this makes up for an interesting vegetation indeed. However, it is
> not fast of course.
>>
>> I await the test scene.
>
> Posted the scene in p.t.scene-files.

Thank you.

Is it easy to post one or both of the simpler isosurface fuzzy
vegetation scenes too. I was thinking I would start there over the
complete scene.

Trying your scene currently in v3.8 master and the first thing I notice
is the radiosity blocks on continuation appear to be generated just
short, below the position where the render re-starts. Do you see
something similar?

Aside: Suppose I would have expected those looking to continue renders
to save radiosity results (photon results) to a file? Maybe I'm not
running the right flags with your scene. I didn't look at it that
closely as yet...

See the scene is using f_bicorn() which I dumped from povr so I have
that too in the way of a quick 'is it the shadow cache bugs.' More if/as
I figure more out.

Bill P.