POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Planetary Journey : Re: A Planetary Journey Server Time
19 May 2024 03:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Planetary Journey
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Aug 2020 02:36:10
Message: <5f2ba4da$1@news.povray.org>
Op 05/08/2020 om 18:46 schreef MichaelJF:
> Sorry for the short delay of now some five years. I was occupied by some
> RL issues a while and frustrated after loosing all codes by a headcrash
> on a very new harddrive. Nearly, I had finished a very nice scene (The
> Lonely Swan) and lost all the code. Later I experienced a very heavy
> work load and at the beginning of this year a very severe disease of the
> lung. Now I bought a new machine and thought that this open issue would
> be a very nice test (core i7 vs. core i9). I rendered the image due to
> Clipkas suggestions with diffuse albedo 0.5,0.4 on all balloons. It has
> an little bit different mood since the colouring of the balloons is more
> visible in the distance. The backside illumination has a severe
> drewback: it doesn't work with the colour Blue.
>
> Enjoy
> Michael

Welcome back indeed!

I compared to the original scene from 2015. I prefer the original. Maybe
you could decrease both the diffuse albedo and the backside illumination
of the balloons a bit? Or maybe only the diffuse albedo as I think it is
too strong for the remainder of the scene. If I remember correctly from
the times I use diffuse albedo, it looks much stronger than the classic
diffuse and has to be tempered.

--
Thomas