POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVEarth still far away... : Re: POVEarth still far away... Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVEarth still far away...
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 2 Aug 2020 14:52:37
Message: <5f270b75$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 02.08.20 16:18, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Hmm.   That's pretty weird.
> What's your OS & povray version?

OS: Debian Linux 8.11
POV-Ray: 3.7.0.unofficial

> Have you tried running a different version or changing the #version statement at
> the top of the file?

I tried adding #version 3.6; - same as always before, memory access
error somewhere between a=18 and a=22.

> What about using #for instead of #while ?

I tried this also - memory access error at a=88.

> Stepping through the values by 2's ?

...is effectively by 3's (why?) - memory access error at a=171.

I did so, look at p.t.s-f

> Then everything that goes to the debug stream will go to the file as well.
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/222/

This produced just a seemingly endless rush of vertex numbers (from 0 to
999999), without any hint at the reason for the memory access error.

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar