POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e Server Time
23 Apr 2024 04:44:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 1 Aug 2020 10:54:45
Message: <5f258235$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/31/20 6:29 PM, jr wrote:
> hi,
>
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>> Please find attached an updated tarball.
>
> ran into a problem with some code I was sent.
>
> ==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
> #include "spheresweep.inc" //version 1.2
> File '/home/jr/POVr/share/povray-3.8/include/shapes.inc' line 20:
> Possible Parse Error:
> Cannot find file 'Wrapper.inc', even after trying to append file type extension.
> File '/home/jr/POVr/share/povray-3.8/include/shapes.inc' line 20:
> Parse Error:
> Cannot open include file Wrapper.inc.
> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
> Render failed
>

> regards, jr.

Ah, dang. Thanks!

While I'm working on new inbuilt functions, I use the Wrapper.inc
include. It's found via my own POVINI variable setting and is used to
point to a git tracked functions.inc file instead of the normal
./include directory. The latter is not at the moment code controlled -
though that's the plan.

In short, Wrapper.inc is a hack that lets me develop without having to
create a build package on inbuilt function re-compiles. This mistake
happened when I implemented an inbuilt f_supertorus() and updated the
existing Supertorus shapes.inc macro to call it over, the old explicit
function {} isosurface code.

I reviewed the other povr shipped includes just now - and I found one
other mistake... I'd un-commented, or as likely commented in the wrong
directory, the const.inc include in rand.inc and it declares 'e' which
fails the lower case check. That include const.inc isn't needed today
even in POV-Ray best as I can tell(1).

(1) - I fact looked to me as if several POV-Ray shipped includes are
doing pointless includes which of course burns parse time for no reason.

Bill P.