POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
8 May 2024 07:39:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Jul 2020 23:25:09
Message: <5f190315$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 21:41:43 -0400, Bald Eagle wrote:

>> Even if it generated a fork similar to MegaPOV as a "research fork",
>> that might increase interest in the main branch development.

[...]

All great ideas IMO.

My thought was particularly with SIGGRAPH, their focus is graphics
research.  I was a member back in my college days (back when I was a lot
more actively playing with POV-Ray+Moray) with a student membership, but
when I left college, I had to drop the membership (couldn't afford the
non-student rate).  ISTR reading that early in the pandemic, ACM made
access to their publications free for all, but I don't know if that's
still the case (or if all publications were included).

(As an aside, *this* is the type of positive conversation I was
referencing in other parts of the thread - this is a discussion I
consider helpful and productive.  THANK YOU for engaging in it, one user
to another.)