POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2 generator: strange error! : Re: mesh2 generator: strange error! Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:30:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 generator: strange error!
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 14 Jul 2020 22:11:46
Message: <5f0e65e2@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 15.07.20 01:58, Bald Eagle wrote:
> =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> On 15.07.20 01:36, Bald Eagle wrote:
>>
>>> #declare Obj = union {
>>> // Everything
>>> }
>>>    #local Min = min_extent (Obj);
>>>    #local Max = max_extent (Obj);
>>>    #local Center = (Min+Max)/2;
>>>

>> Do these two functions return float or vector values?
>
> They're <x, y, z> coordinates.
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Vector_Expressions#Functions

Meanwhile, I found out the reason for the weird position of the terrain
slice: when adding a flattening factor to the calculation of the
vertices, I accidentally deleted the cosine statement for the x
coordinate! I replaced it, and now the terrain is in the correct place -
but I wonder that the texture_list has no effect on its coloring, the
entire relief is black!

I still have a full-resolution (i.e. 3601 by 3601) mesh2 of the Kabul
area rendering correctly, but looking up 3.5 GB of text for the
implementation of the texture is next to impossible...

So here once more the "small" (still some 15,000 lines of code!) mesh2
script generated by my mesh2writer.pov...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: