POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can we speed up the saving process? : Re: How can we speed up the saving process? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:30:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can we speed up the saving process?
From: Thorsten
Date: 13 Jul 2020 03:17:12
Message: <5f0c0a78$1@news.povray.org>
On 10.07.2020 20:28, Kima wrote:
> You are right! I was able to reduce this period by changing the output format.
> It is not a matter of compression but data handling since the shortest time was
> to save as a lossy JPEG.
>
> Anyhow, I should find a way to do this single-thread process in the background
> while starting next rendering.

This behavior sounds more like a configuration error of your harddisk
drivers or some other odd configuration on your Linux system. The only
rational reason why JPEG would be "fastest" is that is produces the
smallest file of all file formats, and hence the actual data written to
disk is the least.

So you may want to start checking your local configuration.

Thorsten