POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : min_ and max_extent of an intersection object : Re: min_ and max_extent of an intersection object Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: min_ and max_extent of an intersection object
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jun 2020 02:48:41
Message: <5ef83d49$1@news.povray.org>
Op 27/06/2020 om 15:35 schreef jr:
> hi,

>> Op 26/06/2020 om 09:10 schreef jr:
>> I attach a little test scene together with version 3 of Bounder where I
>> only changed two #local statements to #declare.
>
> one thing that grabbed my attention is the scaling of 'Crossing', after it has
> been created.  so I moved the 'scale 1.01' from line 73 into the declaration of
> 'Crossing', as line 66.  the figures output, and the images, differ slightly,
> and
> I am at a disadvantage in that I do not know what the "correct" result should
> look like.  :-)

I solved it! And, like always, it was a trivial problem :-)
I forgot to increase the resolution parameter in Bounder. For testing, I
had kept it low (10) but when increasing the value to, e.g. 50 or
higher, Bounder gives the correct answers for optimized min and max extents.

So, after all, your macro works also correctly for intersections (and
probably differences too), which is good to know of course. I shall keep
it close at hand from now on.

--
Thomas