POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Our turbulence distribution moves with omega. : Re: Our turbulence distribution moves with omega. Server Time
2 May 2024 04:01:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Our turbulence distribution moves with omega.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Jun 2020 14:52:55
Message: <5ed7f187$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/24/20 12:18 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:

> I also tried for a matching fudge factor to match the breadth of the old
> Turbulence() distribution. Cannot match previous precisely, but not bad
> in my view.

In povr, irid updated to yank fudge factor and scenes updated with
accurate base thicknesses. Thanks Thomas.

When I looked at the fixed internal turbulence() with fog picked up
additional bugs I expect kept folks from doing a lot especially with
turbulence (copy constructor was creating new, but not copying old
turbulence values, for example).

Anyway. In povr I've got the turbulence() fix in - with fixes to irid
and a significant re-work of fog updating and adding features/keywords.
Image attached showing some of the fixed and extended features.

The agate pattern looks different, but OK, with the turbulence() fix.
Not looked in detail at marble or the two spiral patterns as yet. Still
some f_turbulence() work to finish off.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: