POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Function / pattern issues. New inbuilt f_agate(). : Re: Function / pattern issues. New inbuilt f_agate(). Server Time
29 Apr 2024 08:59:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function / pattern issues. New inbuilt f_agate().
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 May 2020 06:16:58
Message: <5eb5319a$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/7/20 10:23 PM, Alain Martel wrote:

> Those looks like a slightly turbulent quilted pattern. Especially the
> top example.

I agree. :-) You can take the f_agate turbulence to 0.0 and get clean
lines (or grids) making it look similar to other patterns(1). Suppose on
some level the underlying driving variables - dimensions - are always
there.

An f_quilted() inbuilt on my list. It's got better control of the shape
of both extremes in value. With it I'm thinking of adding options which
run in x, y and z only. Maybe adding turbulence as an internal option
makes sense too...

Bill P.

(1) And the agate oriented dimension 'greys out.'