POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trick pigment_map into selecting functions to run. : Re: Trick pigment_map into selecting functions to run. Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:43:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trick pigment_map into selecting functions to run.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 28 Apr 2020 06:24:21
Message: <5ea80455$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/27/20 11:40 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:

> Aside. I wonder too about blending shapes along the gradient with a
> similar pigment_map set up.

Busy with real life today, but quickly tried the isosurface pigment_map
blend idea. Raw shapes shown on the left and the pigment_map blended
result for the +x shapes on the right.

Promising I guess. Understand the sphere's effect on the two
superellipsoids, but don't understand why the sphere 'blended' as it
did. Suppose something I don't understand about the value field of
superellipsoids? Oscillations where there are positive values?

Oh, it caught my eye the scene had a comment claiming an almost 6x
increase in vm calls - which is wrong. It was more like 3.2x, not sure
where I got the 6x...

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: