POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Function / pattern issues. New f_labsweep. : Re: Function / pattern issues. New f_labsweep. Server Time
5 May 2024 23:02:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function / pattern issues. New f_labsweep.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 27 Apr 2020 05:31:54
Message: <5ea6a68a$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/26/20 7:37 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:

> Attaching a few images using the new function (f_cone is new too) along
> with other pattern/function updates previously posted to this newsgroup.

An image applying the leopard pattern somewhat like Mike Williams's
technique for creating shapes with lots of holes via isosurfaces instead
of traditional csg differences (which are frequently very slow). Here
the shape is porous throughout.

Once in a while, ray tracing, I end up with an image or shape which I
find disturbing on some sensory level. For me, this is one of them. Why
I didn't post it originally, but I do think it interesting.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'f_labsweep_cone02_leprd.png' (428 KB)

Preview of image 'f_labsweep_cone02_leprd.png'
f_labsweep_cone02_leprd.png