POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Light & Shadows : Re: Light & Shadows Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light & Shadows
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 24 Apr 2020 20:18:19
Message: <5ea381cb@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 22.04.20 20:24, Norbert Kern wrote:
> This idyllic (non-realistic) scene is the result of several months of work. It
> took that long because of an experiment.

Lovely mallards! But I still miss a long-haired mustached olive-skinned
swamp gypsy wading waist-deep through this swampy creek... or, maybe, a
lynx on the prowl!

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.5ea0897b523527c5afdd13e10%40news.povray.org%3E/
> ).
>
> Rendering this version took more than 9 days and 43 GB of RAM were used.

Ars longa, vita brevis (hopefully not too short!)... how much total RAM?

> I worked several weeks on an atmosphere alone, but in the end all I did was
> adding a subtle fog effect.
>
> The chief motiv of the image is the contrast of light and shadows as it is
> important in impressionistic painting or gothic architecture.
> I'll explore this topic in my next images more.
>
> Beside this philosophical reasons it was important for me in a more technical
> sense as it is the first image since 15 years developed with assumed_gamma 1.

Let us all hope you can render during the coming 150 years...
Transhumanist technologies will also work for the good of raytraced art!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Earth Born (Kitaro)