POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : HELP: INI Settings Wrong : Re: HELP: INI Settings Wrong Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:09:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP: INI Settings Wrong
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 4 Apr 2020 06:12:17
Message: <5e885d81$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/2/20 3:25 PM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem: I changed my harddrives and order of drive letters.
> POV-Ray still starts, but it cannot find any INI files etc, as they are
> not on C but on drive F.
>
> I also cannot find any longer the POV-Ray master Ini file. In the past,
> there was a button to load that INI file.
>
> And I also searched the Windows registry for a place where I could
> correct the path, but the only path I found was only for scene files
> which I set to drive F.
>
> How to make POV-Ray, when starting, searching for the files on drive F
> instead of drive C?

On windows unsure...

On unix based systems you can set an environment variable POVINI to
point to an ini file setting up pointers to whatever directories you
want. Unsure if the mechanism exists for windows POV-Ray installs?

On unix based systems it's also possible to symbolically link across
file systems. Possible to point from a "C drive" directory to the real
directory and files on the "F drive" by setting up a link.

I'd suppose similar mechanisms exist to do such things on windows
systems - but I again don't know. Sorry.

Bill P.