POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista : Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista Server Time
19 May 2024 02:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Mar 2020 02:46:14
Message: <5e61ffc6$1@news.povray.org>
Op 05/03/2020 om 20:49 schreef Bald Eagle:
> 6. Still too clean and pretty for a war engine.  Have you thought of using CH's
> isowoods for the pieces?   Also someone who knows how to dirty it up with a
> proximity pattern would be a great addition.

As Alain suggested: this is a new machine ;-)

A proximity pattern would partly do the job but is more difficult on
rectangular pieces. They work best on irregular shapes; I am thinking of
course of those macros either by Sam Benge or Edouard Poor.

In addition to those, if going into the wear-and-tear mode, the wood
pieces need to be worn down, chipped, gouged, split. And additional
transparant texture layer would simulate dirt, mud, dust.

--
Thomas