POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Verbose warnings : Re: Verbose warnings Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:45:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Verbose warnings
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 27 Feb 2020 04:46:23
Message: <5e578fef$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/27/2020 2:29 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Op 26/02/2020 om 15:07 schreef Mike Horvath:
>> By default when there is a warning it does not list the line number
>> and file that is triggering the warning. Can something like this be
>> enabled?
>>
>> Mike
>
> My experience is that, where possible, POV-Ray shows file name and line
> number as a warning, e.g. when there is a mis-quote in a name used in an
> included file. However, this is not systematic unfortunately and, if I
> remember correctly the teachings of Clipka when he was still wandering
> among us, this is due to the fact that a warning is not always so
> specifically pointed to one single origin but may be diffused over
> several areas of the program.

I meant parse warnings, sorry.

"Parse Warning: Should have at least 2 objects in csg."

"Parse Warning: Index of refraction value should be specified in
'interior{...}' statement.   Use of this syntax may not be backwards
compatable with earlier versions of POV-Ray.   The #version directive or
+MV switch will not
help."

Etc.

Mike