POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : There will be no POVEarth! : Re: There will be no POVEarth! Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There will be no POVEarth!
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 25 Feb 2020 21:31:24
Message: <5e55d87c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2/25/20 2:51 PM, also sprach Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann:
> Hi(gh)!

> Values ending in .00 are intermingled with those ending in .0 or being
> real decimal fractures, they are mostly separated by one space, but
> sometimes also two... no combination of sed commands I ever tried
> produced a POV-Ray-processible file! Some tiles work, while others won't...
>
> I could give C++ a try,
How about using Qt C++ regular expressions to read the data and then
write it out as something rigid for your SDL to interpret?

Regular expressions are pretty flexible when dealing with floating point
numbers.  For example, I parse this whole file from my cave scene. It
lays out the points of the plants and paths of the fish.
http://git.buckosoft.com/gitweb/pov.cgi?p=tteoac.git;a=blob;f=ttvo/ocean/forester.inc

This is the file that reads and writes that data.
http://git.buckosoft.com/gitweb/pov.cgi?p=forester.git;a=blob;f=filehandler.cpp

I would be willing to help you get that going, if you'd like.
I'd hate to see your dreams die.  Plus, I want to see POVghanistan. :)

--
dik
Rendered 49,882,521,600 of 49,882,521,600 pixels (100%)