POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another Chess Set, 1998-12-15 by Eric Freeman : Re: POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another Chess Set, 1998-12-15 byEricFreeman Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:05:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another Chess Set, 1998-12-15 byEricFreeman
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Nov 2019 06:59:34
Message: <5dcd41a6$1@news.povray.org>
Op 14/11/2019 om 10:28 schreef Melody:
> yes well, not sure you guys are getting the light,
> 15 hrs tracing those nasty photons. seriously.
> Thats what u see? lol

It is the little detail that separates 'perfection' from 'good enough'.
In the good old days of the IRTC, this would have contributed to drop
the image from a first place to anonymity. ;-)

Of course, the photons are a nice show off if not a perfect example, and
we appreciate the render time, but an image is not only about that. It
is about all the other little details (even hardly noticeable) together,
especially if they have been taken care of in a proper way. After some
20 years of POV-Ray, that is what you end up look for.

[You know you have been raytracing too long when ...
... You find yourself etc, etc.]

--
Thomas