POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Maze equation : Re: Maze equation Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:40:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maze equation
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 7 Nov 2019 13:17:47
Message: <5dc45fcb$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/7/19 5:53 AM, Ton wrote:

> Great story, Dick, sorry Mr Balaska, from now on.
> There are some clever people using Povray.
> I always thought Erector was the American name for the British Meccano. Why CBS
> property?

Wow, I was unaware of Meccano (although Hornby Trains are highly
collectible).  I'm surprised there wasn't a life long international
court battle between A.C. Gilbert (Erector) and Hornby (Meccano).

A.C. Gilbert died in the 60s and his toy company floundered.  Gabriel
Toys bought his stuff and CBS bought Gabriel.
CBS also owned Fender Guitars and Steinway Pianos through other
acquisitions. (And of course, they owned Michael Jackson and Billy Joel.
  "Thriller" made a noticeable amount of money for the very large company.)

--
dik
Rendered 22,077,619,200 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (53%)