POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : object_pattern fun : Re: object_pattern fun Server Time
4 May 2024 19:55:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object_pattern fun
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Oct 2019 07:17:49
Message: <5dad93dd@news.povray.org>
For those interested, I have investigated some  layered textures making
use - one way or another - of object patterns, over a basic brown texture.

1 - Upper left: one single texture with an object_pattern;
2 - Upper right: two layered textures, each with a different object_pattern;
3 - Lower left: using a pigment_pattern to control two different
object_patterns;
4 - Lower right: two layered textures, each with a pigment_pattern
controlling an object_pattern.

2 and 4 have identical results, but 2 is simpler and more comprehensive
in use. I guess that a large number of different texture possibilities
can be derived from these examples.

I shall put the scene file in p.b.scene-files.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'object_pattern_var_test.png' (366 KB)

Preview of image 'object_pattern_var_test.png'
object_pattern_var_test.png