POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : object_pattern fun : Re: object_pattern fun Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:47:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object_pattern fun
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 13 Oct 2019 16:55:24
Message: <5da38f3c@news.povray.org>
On 2019-10-13 7:18 AM (-4), Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Nothing fanciful or special; just messing around with object patterns...

Here are a couple of scenes that relied heavily on object patterns.  The
flags are 100% procedural.  The U.S. Virgin Islands flag required
multiple layers of object patterns, and I somehow accomplished this
before Blue Herring published his wonderful MultiObjectPattern macros.
The Ohio flag as a whole is an object pattern with a transparent
background for the non-rectangular outline.

Tip:  I had to make the Ohio flag hollow, even though it is an open
mesh, to avoid killing the sky fog behind it.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'usa-ohio-flags.jpg' (57 KB) Download 'usa-vi-flags.jpg' (60 KB)

Preview of image 'usa-ohio-flags.jpg'
usa-ohio-flags.jpg

Preview of image 'usa-vi-flags.jpg'
usa-vi-flags.jpg