POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Valhalla Rising - Take #1 : Valhalla Rising - Take #1 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:03:25 EDT (-0400)
  Valhalla Rising - Take #1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Oct 2019 07:13:50
Message: <5d94866e@news.povray.org>
It has been some while since I last uploaded an image here. RL etc.
However, I have been working steadily on a number of scenes,
experimenting with different things (mostly rejecting the results of
course). This particular scene is under way since about last May. The
title refers to the movie by Nicolas Winding Refn which loosely inspired
the scene. There is a lot more to do of course.

Acknowledgments:
- Scott Boham's SkySim.inc;
- Cloudscape using Juha Leppälä's code, as used originally by Mick
Hazelgrove but tweaked to my needs;
- Bald Eagle's spiral code as basis for the height_field, but severely
wrung and beaten in GeoControl;
- a drakkar plucked from somewhere on the net and in the process of
being remodelled in Silo2 (and Poser for the wind in the sail);

Still needed: grassy foreground, trees, people.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'valhalla rising_06.png' (946 KB)

Preview of image 'valhalla rising_06.png'
valhalla rising_06.png