POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Any help in colors and java convertions ? : Re: Any help in colors and java convertions ? Server Time
10 May 2024 23:36:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any help in colors and java convertions ?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Sep 2019 12:25:14
Message: <5d90daea$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/09/2019 à 22:30, Bald Eagle a écrit :

> kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to make pictures of the mandelbrot set. I found several
>> examples on the web but I have a problem to adapt the sources.
>
> Looks like the numbers in the java are hexadecimal, so 256f = 9583 and 8f is
> 143.

Sorry to disappoint you, but 256f is notation for a literal float for
256. (bad bad Java !)

Due to division rules, it is important that to get a float, at least one
argument of the / is a float (i.e. int/int gives an integer, which is a
bad idea for hue in HSBtoRGB ).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41289696/floating-point-literal-floating-literal-double-literal/41289715