POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About Raytracing : Re: About Raytracing Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:10:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About Raytracing
From: Alain
Date: 12 Jul 2019 10:21:37
Message: <5d289771$1@news.povray.org>
Le 19-07-12 à 09:09, scorp08 a écrit :
>> "scorp08" <ozo### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>
>>> Is eval_pigment() used for colors only?
>>
>> Yes.
>> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Functions.inc
>> Pre defined functions
>> eval_pigment(Pigm, Vect): This macro evaluates the color of a pigment at a
>> specific point. Some pigments require more information than simply a point,
>> slope pattern based pigments for example, and will not work with this macro.
>> However, most pigments will work fine.
>>
>> Parameters:
>>
>> Vect = The point at which to evaluate the pigment.
>> Pigm = The pigment to evaluate.
>>
>>> because I want to give names to the stl
>>> or step objects then , I will start shooting to get thickness, intersection
>>> points (coordinates) and names of objects
>>> Is it possible ?
>>
>> Right, which is why I laid out the scheme to do everything stepwise - you can
>> only do what POV-Ray can do - everything else has to be structured to take that
>> into account.
>
> Does pigment has to be color or can it be any other string ?
> Also Can I use those macros in freecad ?
> Thnks for the help

It can be a pigment, such as bozo or agate. Most of the time, you'll use
an identifier defined in a #declare statement.

eval_pigmemt NEVER take illumination into account.

If your pigment is only a plain colour, then, eval_pigment not useful as
the colour will be the same everywhere.
Take
#declare Pigment = rgb<1,0.1, 0.01>;

This will always evaluate as <1, 0.1, 0.01>.