POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : colors from images : Re: colors from images Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:09:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colors from images
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 12 May 2019 12:31:31
Message: <5cd84a63$1@news.povray.org>
On 12.05.19 10:44, Norbert Kern wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here is my attempt to depict the colors in images (code in p.b.s-f.)
> Here I used two popular movie posters - the upcoming John Wick 3 and last year's
> Deadpool 2.

A color statistics visualization - very intriguing! A few years ago, I
started to program in C++ a command-line image processor (yip, "Yadgar's
Image Processor"), which, besides classic computer retro graphics
filters (see the Max Canada Lynx adaptions on my YouTube, also is meant
to do such displays, even for entire videos... currently, it's somewhat
on halt as I intend to re-write the whole thing in C rather than C++.

> like John Wick gets a new look based on strong purples. A similar effect can be
> seen at recent Avengers: Endgame posters.

about two complementary colors (albeit not complementary in RGB color
space)...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar