POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mining operations in a new future world : Re: Mining operations in a new future world Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:53:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mining operations in a new future world
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 10 May 2019 18:31:58
Message: <5cd5fbde@news.povray.org>
On 5/10/19 4:09 AM, Hj. Malthaner wrote:
> On 5/9/19 11:25 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> I hope. Today I finished a first version. Still needs some work, there
> should be something going between the mining ship and the excavator. But
> it's late, local time, and I need some sleep. More work coming soon.

The former version had a serious problem. How to get those excavators
out of the ship and back into it?

For daughter ships, shuttles and such it is no issue if the hangar bay
is quite a bit above the ground, but these are tracked vehicles ...

I tried a ramp. It didn't look good and it begged the question where in
the ships body the ramp is stored itself.

I was considering a crane or an elevator, but that didn't convince me
either.

I eventually made the side of the ship flat so part of the ships wall
can serve as ramp if lowered. It breaks the otherwise round ship design
though. This clearly needs more work, but at least technically it should
work and also help all other wheeled or tracked vehicles to leave and
enter the ship.

I think the concept needs a second (or more ships) which act as
transporters while this one houses the machinery and processing
facilities. Must see ...

--
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'planet_eater_landed_v1_2.jpg' (646 KB)

Preview of image 'planet_eater_landed_v1_2.jpg'
planet_eater_landed_v1_2.jpg