POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mining operations in a new future world : Re: Mining operations in a new future world Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:33:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mining operations in a new future world
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 10 May 2019 18:15:53
Message: <5cd5f819$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/10/19 4:20 AM, Alain wrote:
> Le 19-05-09 à 22:09, Hj. Malthaner a écrit :
>
> Those excavators seems to small. Even if the ship is HUGE, the
> excavators should also be huge. If not, it would take for ever to dig
> out enough minerals to justify such a big ship.

They must somehow fit into the ship. But I'll check the sizes to make
sure they actually do. I had to redo the ship because these excavators
needs some means to leave and enter the ship again once done.

> On another note : Why are those canon turrets ever present on an ore
> transporter/processing ship ?

Pirates or just in general, outlaws. In the world that I assumed as
background, police forces are only present near well established
systems. This is actually the first mining ship of mine which has
cannons because in the story of the former ship there actually were
pirate problems and I figured I better give this ship some self-defense.

I shrunk the cannons today though, they were almost the size of such an
excavator and that seemed all wrong.

--
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D