POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mining operations in a new future world : Re: Mining operations in a new future world Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:31:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mining operations in a new future world
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 9 May 2019 22:09:10
Message: <5cd4dd46@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/19 11:25 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6FX-Y6fIXw
>
> There are lots of discussions of mining operations in Sci Fi - both on Earth and
> in space from "Victor Appleton II's" _Tom Swift's and his Atomic Earth Blaster_,
> and Arthur C. Clarke's _2061: Odyssey Three_,  to Frederick Pohl's _Mining the
> Oort_.
>
> We have every level of technology, and still have people who dig with shovels.
> Other people use 3D printers to make trinkets.  So I don't see a "conflict".
>
> Envision your story and make it your own.  :)

I hope. Today I finished a first version. Still needs some work, there
should be something going between the mining ship and the excavator. But
it's late, local time, and I need some sleep. More work coming soon.

I also need a better heightfield generator some day but for this scene
the image that I have must do.

--
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'excavator_deployed_gnaw.jpg' (667 KB)

Preview of image 'excavator_deployed_gnaw.jpg'
excavator_deployed_gnaw.jpg