POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Example of potential pattern use with emitting media. : Re: Example of potential pattern use with emitting media. Server Time
30 Apr 2024 08:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Example of potential pattern use with emitting media.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 20 Mar 2019 14:15:19
Message: <5c928337$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/13/16 4:27 PM, omniverse wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>> Lastly, could I please get a copy of your last scene to add to my blob
>> artifact cases?
>
> Sure thing, I will just go ahead and put the fairly short SDL (yet too long to
> post here probably) at the scene file text group. You will no doubt need to zoom
> the camera for closer looks, or render very large images!
>
> I had no idea sturm was a known cause of semi-transparent blobs. Hope to see
> your change idea get added. Thanks!
>
> Bob

Happened to be looking through old blob test cases and saw yours and
thought I'd follow up not realizing your post was back in October
2016..! Solver stuff turns out to be hard and I'm still working through
issues, but for the record the updated branch at:

https://github.com/wfpokorny/povray/tree/fix/polynomialsolverAccuracy

handles your psoted scene well now with or without sturm. See attached,
sturm on, image of current v38 at commit 74b3ebe and the update solver
branch as of today.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: