POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Locking for a solution to create backlight functionality : Re: Locking for a solution to create backlight functionality Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:58:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Locking for a solution to create backlight functionality
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Mar 2019 03:41:07
Message: <5c909d13$1@news.povray.org>
On 19-3-2019 0:59, William F Pokorny wrote:
> If your after an actual glowing screen which will light the scene, an
> option is to use radiosity and define the screen box/image with an
> emissive finish: emission 1 or larger.

Adding to this, I would use an .exr image format instead of .png, you
will then really get a screen image that illuminates the surroundings
(e.g. light probes) playing with emission set to 1 or higher.

You can easily save your png image to OpenEXR using for example Ive's
smart utility IC: http://www.lilysoft.org/IC/ic_index.htm

--
Thomas