POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Documenting some inside test (object pattern) issues. : Re: Documenting some inside test (object pattern) issues. Server Time
3 May 2024 07:46:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documenting some inside test (object pattern) issues.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 17 Mar 2019 08:11:40
Message: <5c8e397c$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/12/19 12:52 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> On 2/12/19 9:27 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
>> not today returning the correct inside test results. Further, I've long
>>
>> Anyway, more stuff for the todo list.
>>
>> Bill P.
>
> As all too often happens these days with my ever failing old brain - I
> remembered a few minutes ago a cylindrical isosurface done years ago.
> One which could not have worked without the cylindrical inside test
> working properly.
>
> So check again the code for test cases 1-3 in my post and I screwed
> those three up... They're OK.
>
> Proof I need to go do something else for a while.
>
> Bill P.

Looked at the media intensity issues today and they too were my fault.
Typo carried into some of the test cases as a best guess.

So... The one remaining object inside test issue - which I still think
real - is the spindle torus union case. The object inside test is acting
like the merge variant. Image attached.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spindletorusunionobjinsideissue.png' (50 KB)

Preview of image 'spindletorusunionobjinsideissue.png'
spindletorusunionobjinsideissue.png