POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Exploring Medieval windows : Re: Exploring Medieval windows Server Time
2 May 2024 14:05:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exploring Medieval windows
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Mar 2019 03:43:09
Message: <5c8a060d$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-3-2019 19:47, MichaelJF wrote:
> Am 13.03.2019 um 12:49 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> This is #2.
>>
>> Basic frame texture and some small issues (code needs cleaning up).
> Hello Thomas,
>
> congratulations, you crafted this very well. It's very to close to my
> macros and showing, that I overlooked a small issue. But with sane
> definitions of the width of the wooden frame no one will notice my fault;)

Thank you indeed, Michael. I have not yet looked at your code but will
do that soon. However, your test image is very explicit and shows the
good work already.

The small issue I was talking about is the thin line of light visible
between the glass/lead and the window frame. It could be the window
being a tiny bit too small but I guess it is light "leaking" at angles.
Something similar is shown at the angle between floor and wall. I dimly
remember this phenomenon was discussed many years ago and I do not
remember the way to correct that, except, I believe, by using stochastic
anti-aliasing. I shall test that in any case.

--
Thomas