POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Steam Fog: First WIP : Re: Steam Fog: First WIP Server Time
3 May 2024 09:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steam Fog: First WIP
From: Alain
Date: 1 Mar 2019 20:08:46
Message: <5c79d79e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 19-02-28 à 13:25, MichaelJF a écrit :
> I commented the steam fog approximation out, so it rendered a little bit
> faster. One sees two instances of the same object (it is the example
> from the tutorials shipped with POV but in a box {-2,2 } instead of a
> sphere). The only difference is
>
> object { Sonne
>     scale <500,500,500>*5
>     translate MediaPos
> }
>
> object { Sonne
>     translate <3,1,5>
> }
>
> with MediaPos=< 649.685959 , 1442.616855 , 39968.697311 >
>
> Obviously I will not use it in my scene. It's just a riddle I
> encountered by chance. I played a little bit with intervals, samples,
> variance, confidence but without any success. It seems to be due to the
> scaling alone.
>
> Best regards
> Michael
Hints :

Don't change intervals from the default of 1. Higher intervals count =
slower render and may introduce artifacts.

Variance and confidence are used for sampling methods 1 and 2, and are
not used with method 3 (default).

If you use two value for samples, the second will be silently ignored
when using method 3.