POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Steam Fog: First WIP : Re: Steam Fog: First WIP Server Time
3 May 2024 01:57:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steam Fog: First WIP
From: MichaelJF
Date: 28 Feb 2019 13:25:37
Message: <5c7827a1@news.povray.org>
I commented the steam fog approximation out, so it rendered a little bit
faster. One sees two instances of the same object (it is the example
from the tutorials shipped with POV but in a box {-2,2 } instead of a
sphere). The only difference is

object { Sonne
    scale <500,500,500>*5
    translate MediaPos
}

object { Sonne
    translate <3,1,5>
}

with MediaPos=< 649.685959 , 1442.616855 , 39968.697311 >

Obviously I will not use it in my scene. It's just a riddle I
encountered by chance. I played a little bit with intervals, samples,
variance, confidence but without any success. It seems to be due to the
scaling alone.

Best regards
Michael

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'twoinstancesofaemittingmedia.jpg' (555 KB)

Preview of image 'twoinstancesofaemittingmedia.jpg'
twoinstancesofaemittingmedia.jpg