POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Steam Fog: First WIP : Re: Steam Fog: First WIP Server Time
3 May 2024 01:39:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steam Fog: First WIP
From: MichaelJF
Date: 27 Feb 2019 18:28:35
Message: <5c771d23$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.02.2019 um 11:25 schrieb Paolo Gibellini:
> MichaelJF wrote on 22/02/2019 20:04:
>> Hi to the crowd,
>>
>> this image has still a lot of flaws (sun colour and reflections, the
>> swan model itself, textures of the cattails) and may be limitations to
>> media by POV. media seems to be handling color_maps or density_maps
>> different than pigment or texture having no interpolation between the
>> map entries but shap edges. This is what I derived in a first attempt.
>> Rendering time was a little bit longer (3 weeks).
>>
>> Best regards
>> Michael
>>
> A beautiful and peacefulness image!
> Perhaps the cane thicket at bottom right are too bright. And it might be
> nice to see birds flying in the distance.
> ;-)
> Paolo
Many thanks Paolo,
it is a first WIP to demonstrate my idea how one can model steam fog
with POV. And as you can see from the discussion here it is far away
from being ready. I will consider your idea of birds in the distance. I
simply could copy them from another picture I made in the past where I
had a formation of cranes in the far distance. But first I would prefer
a more realistic sunrise with a better sky sphere and a better simulated
sun.

Best regards
Michael