POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Steam Fog: First WIP : Re: Steam Fog: First WIP Server Time
2 May 2024 01:50:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steam Fog: First WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Feb 2019 03:55:07
Message: <5c76506b@news.povray.org>
A small test image with the corrected settings. What appears to be the
horizon is in reality the semitransparent bounding box, the camera being
situated just a tiny bit above it. The mist strands do not touch that
upper boundary but be aware that their extension upward is controlled by
the warp{turbulence} of 0.4 for the y-direction. So, it is a bit tricky
to find the correct values for the density map without the strands
piercing the container.

Samples may be a bit low as there are some artifacts visible but I
wouldn't change it as in your scene they would be hidden by the water
texture.

I have used here a somewhat denser scattering colour and also scattering
mode 5 which I often prefer, here with excentricity 0.5.

For this small scene, render time was about 30 minutes.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: