POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Steam Fog: First WIP : Re: Steam Fog: First WIP Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:43:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steam Fog: First WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Feb 2019 02:42:24
Message: <5c70f960$1@news.povray.org>
On 22-2-2019 20:04, MichaelJF wrote:
> Hi to the crowd,
>
> this image has still a lot of flaws (sun colour and reflections, the
> swan model itself, textures of the cattails) and may be limitations to
> media by POV. media seems to be handling color_maps or density_maps
> different than pigment or texture having no interpolation between the
> map entries but shap edges. This is what I derived in a first attempt.
> Rendering time was a little bit longer (3 weeks).

Phew... Michael! That is no easy matter to model! But you seem to be on
the right track already. Well done so far.

I do not understand your comment about the sharp edges using density
maps. In my experience they work pretty much like colour or texture
maps. May it be a question of scaling which troubles you? That is
something where density maps do differ I understand. Maybe a little
piece of code can clarify the matter. I am currently putting order in my
collection of media tests, so maybe I can help.

No kidding? 3 (three) weeks render time?! Wow!

--
Thomas