POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RMS Titanic : Re: RMS Titanic Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:45:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RMS Titanic
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Jan 2019 02:57:28
Message: <5c457b68$1@news.povray.org>
On 21-1-2019 2:02, Ton wrote:
> During the Christmas and New Year period I kept on working on the hull, added
> the propellers, the name. Looked good.
> Last week the hard disc crashed. My last backup of the model was before
> Christmas, so I've lost the hull.
> That is the end of my Titanic project. I am not going to do the hull again.
> I started this to see what's possible with SDL, and that's quite a lot. Also
> memory wise it's alright, about 160MB.
> Thanks everybody for the comments. I felt I never was alone doing this.
> I'll probably start something else, don't know what yet. It's summer here in NZ,
> so plenty to do outside.
>
> Thanks again and see you later.
>
> Ton.

Oooh! That is a pity! I am very sorry that you stop the project; after
all, you have put more time and energy in all the decks and detail than
in the hull itself, haven't you? But I fully understand your reluctance
to start on that again. However, after some time, maybe your brain will
start to itch again and you will feel compelled to take up the project
again. Never say never...

--
Thomas