POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new tree : Re: new tree Server Time
2 May 2024 03:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new tree
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jan 2019 01:20:33
Message: <5c441331$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.01.2019 um 06:43 schrieb And:
>> Am 19.01.2019 um 18:13 schrieb Kenneth:
>>
>>> So I tried using the oren_nayer feature in one of the recent 3.8 alphas, but
>>> it's not recognized. I guess it never made it into 3.8's development? Pity that;
>>> the feature sounds quite interesting.
>>
>> The problem was that the `albedo` mode of operation is poorly defined
>> for oren-nayar and the other one (I think it was minnaert, would have to
>> look it up), and I haven't made up my mind yet how to solve this.
>

> ?! I think the problem for oren nayar model is solved in previous:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C57040752@news.povray.org%3E/
>
> with the total reflection light counted.
> And the appearance of the rendered image with oren-nayar surface convinces me...

Thanks for the reminder. Goes to show that my memory is getting a bit leaky.

I'm pretty sure that /something/ was still bothering me though. After
having had a closer look, I'm coming to the conclusion that it was the
interaction with the finish-level `fresnel` keyword.

Nevermind, it seems like I need to get that branch rolling again.